When renting a property in California, it`s important to have a comprehensive rental agreement in place to protect both the landlord and the tenant. A rental agreement outlines the terms and conditions of the rental, including the length of the lease, the rent amount, and any rules and regulations that the tenant must follow.
To help you get started, here`s a sample rental agreement for California that you can use as a guide:
Rental Agreement for [Property Address]
1. Parties: This agreement is made between [Landlord`s Name] (hereinafter referred to as “Landlord”) and [Tenant`s Name] (hereinafter referred to as “Tenant”).
2. Property: Landlord agrees to rent to Tenant the property located at [Property Address] (hereinafter referred to as “Property”). The Property includes [List of Property Features], and any other items agreed upon by Landlord and Tenant.
3. Term: The rental term will begin on [Start Date] and end on [End Date]. If Tenant wishes to extend the rental term, Tenant must give Landlord written notice at least [Notice Period] days before the end of the rental term.
4. Rent: Tenant agrees to pay rent in the amount of [Rent Amount] per month, due on the [Due Date] of each month. Tenant must make rent payments directly to Landlord at [Payment Address]. If rent is not paid on time, Tenant may be subject to a late fee of [Late Fee Amount] per day.
5. Security Deposit: Tenant agrees to pay a security deposit of [Security Deposit Amount] to Landlord before moving in. The security deposit will be held by Landlord as security for Tenant`s performance of Tenant`s obligations under this agreement. Within [Time Period] days after the end of the rental term, Landlord will inspect the Property and deduct from the security deposit any amounts owed by Tenant for damage to the Property or unpaid rent.
6. Use of Property: Tenant agrees to use the Property only as a residential dwelling. Tenant will not use the Property for any illegal purposes or activities. Tenant will comply with all laws and rules related to the use of the Property and the premises on which the Property is located.
7. Maintenance and Repairs: Tenant agrees to keep the Property clean and in good condition at all times. Tenant will promptly report any maintenance or repair needs to Landlord. Tenant will be responsible for any damage caused by Tenant or Tenant`s guests to the Property or premises.
8. Termination: This agreement may be terminated by either party upon [Notice Period] days` written notice to the other party. Landlord may terminate this agreement immediately if Tenant violates any provision of this agreement.
9. Miscellaneous: This agreement contains the entire agreement between Landlord and Tenant, and supersedes any prior written or oral agreements. This agreement may not be amended except in writing signed by both parties.
By using this rental agreement sample as a guide and tailoring it to your specific needs, you can help ensure a smooth and successful rental experience in California. Remember, a comprehensive rental agreement is an important tool to protect both the landlord and the tenant.